Area Scoreboard 5-9
Central Region tournament
at Hays, Kan.
1) No. 4 Central Oklahoma (42-11) vs. No. 5 Minot State (40-9), 3 p.m.
2) No. 1 Fort Hays State (45-10) vs. No. 8 Emporia (38-18), 5:30 p.m.
3) Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2, 1 p.m.
4) Loser Game 2 vs. Loser Game 1, 3:30 p.m.
5) Winner Game 4 vs. Loser Game 3, 6 p.m.
6) Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 5, 1 p.m.
7) Winner Game 6 vs. Loser Game 6, if loser of G6 has just one loss, 3:30 p.m.
Minot High Strength and Speed School
What: A ten-week strength and conditioning program for Minot High School student athletes.
Where: Magic City Campus Human Performance and Fitness Center
High school sessions (students entering grades 9-12): Two sessions beginning June 3 Monday through Thursday each week. Start times are 6:30 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Middle school sessions (students entering grades 6-8): One begins June 3 and meets at 9:30 a.m. every Monday and Wednesday. The other begins June 4 and meets at 9:30 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursday.
Cost: $69 for middle school sessions, $99 for high school sessions
Registration: Sign-up forms available at school offices or gomagi.org. Completed forms with payment may be dropped off at school office or forwarded to Coach Barry Holmen at Magic City Campus.
Contacts: Pat McNally 857-4431, Barry Holmen 838-4422, Russ Gust 857-5626.
Youth Track Meets
The Minot Recreation Commission is holding track meets for boys and girls in grades 4-6. The meets will be May 13 and May 20 at 6 p.m. at Duane Carlson Stadium.
Events include the 50-meter dash, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 400-meter relay.
No pre-registration is necessary.
A Hershey District meet will be held Thursday, June 6 at 6 p.m. Children ages 9-14 as of Dec. 31, 2013, are eligible. Registration must be completed by Friday, May 24, at the Minot recreation office or at hersheytrackandfield.com.
Winners will advance to the state meet in Rugby on June 15.