Small fire at wood hobby shop in southeast Minot

Minot firemen had to cut through a bit of wood floor to put out a small fire in a detatched wood hobby shop located behind a Seventh Street Southeast residence Monday afternoon.

Firefighters arrived on the scene at 2:40 p.m. and saw smoke coming from the shop. Upon inspection, an ember or spark had gotten under the floor near a wood-burning cast iron stove.

“There is no structural damage on the mainframe of the floor,” a department spokesman said. He added that the small part of the floor cut away is easily replaceable.

Firefighters left the scene at 3:05 p.m.

Flint McColgan