City releases road report
The City of Minot released its construction report for this week for the following projects:
– Detours remain in effect on the Sixth Street underpass project. Maple Street is open. The city will update the public once safety measures with traffic signs or signals and street lighting are in place so the street can re-open.
– 13th Street Southeast is closed from about 21st Avenue to 37th Avenue. Either the intersection of 31st Avenue or 37th Avenue with 13th Street will remain accessible through the duration of the project. The project is behind schedule and will go into next year. Plans are in the works to, as minimum, place impervious surfaces in key locations such as intersections and driveways for the winter. Work on the project is anticipated to continue as long as weather allows.
– The southbound right lane of 16th Street Southwest is closed between 31st and 35th avenues for turn lane installations. A traffic control taper starts near 26th Avenue.
– Expect closures in the 400 block of 30th Avenue Northwest.
– Work continues on roads leading to the new Ramstad Middle School in anticipation of the school opening later this month.
Several small pockets of construction also are ongoing throughout the city.