BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

House fire caused by heat gun

The fire that destroyed the interior of a northwest Minot residence Friday morning was caused by a “heat gun,” according to the city fire marshal.

“He was using a non-traditional heating device as a space heater next to his bed,” Ed Hausauer said in a phone interview.

A heat gun is used in construction work such as setting tile and should not be used as a space heater.

The fire at the house on 15th Street Northwest took out much of the interior and led to the injury of one resident and the death of one pet cat, although other cats were rescued from the basement.

The house was occupied by Bill Dahl and Russell Morrow. Information on which man was transported to the hospital with burns suffered in the fire and what his condition is have not been released.

Hausauer said there is still more investigation to go on the larger fire the day before that took out two under-construction Chateau Apartment Homes buildings in southwest Minot by Arrowhead Shopping Center. He couldn’t provide any further details, adding that saying anything now would just be “preliminary.”