City buses make minor route changes
Minor route changes to the City of Minot’s midday bus service will take effect on Monday.
These route changes consist of minor deviations that will make it easier for buses to remain on schedule. The changes are as follows:
– The East Route will no longer turn right onto Valley Street but will continue on Burdick Expressway to Ninth Street Southeast. From Ninth Street, the bus will turn left onto Eastern Avenue, left on 13th Street Southeast, right on Sixth Avenue Southeast, right on 15th Street Southeast to Eighth Avenue Southeast to continue the route. This will alleviate train delays at the railroad crossing on Eighth Avenue Southeast.
– Instead of going into the Marketplace Foods parking lot on 20th Avenue Southwest, the South #1 bus will turn right on Fourth Street Southwest and drop off and pick up passengers on that street. This is a safer route that avoids the congested portion of that parking lot and stays away from pedestrians.
– The South #2 bus will not turn into the YMCA parking lot, but passengers will be dropped off and picked up on 16th Street Southwest.
– The South #2 bus will not turn into the UND Center for Family Medicine parking lot. Passengers will be dropped off and picked up on 11th Avenue Southwest.
– The South #3 bus will not go into the Edgewood Vista parking lot but will continue on 16th Avenue Southeast. Edgewood Vista passengers can get picked up and dropped off on 16th Avenue.
– The South #3 bus will not go into the Brentmoor parking lot but will continue south on Seventh Street Southwest, turning right at 35th Avenue Southwest and right again onto 10th Street Southwest to continue route. Passengers for Brentmoor can be dropped off and picked up at the corner of 35th Avenue and 10th Street Southwest.
– The bus that departs from Dakota Square Mall Door “B” at 19 minutes after the hour will now depart at 17 minutes after the hour. With the other changes, the bus also will get to Dakota Square Mall earlier, allowing extra time to get from Dakota Square back to Town and Country.
– The area west of 18th Street Northwest between Second Avenue Northwest and Central Avenue will no longer be served. The route will just continue south on 18th Street Northwest.
A list of the changes can be found on the city website at (www.minotnd.org). Copies of the updated schedules also are available on all city buses.