Pick Up the Patch! starts Saturday
WILLISTON The first of several 2014 Oil Can Pick Up the Patch! events in western North Dakota communities will kick off in Williston Saturday.
Several communities in western N.D. and members of the North Dakota Petroleum Council will hold the clean-up events.
Events are scheduled in eight communities and will be held over the next three weeks.
Organizers are looking for volunteers. Those interested in participating or donating supplies should contact event organizers at the contact information provided below.
Events scheduled include:
– Williston May 3. Contact Dan at 651-6745 or Kelley at 512-659-7187 or the Williston Chamber at 557-6000; meet at 8:30 a.m. at Aafedt Stadium parking lot; free lunch for volunteers at noon in Davidson Park; hosted by Williston Area Chamber of Commerce and Statoil.
– Parshall May 5: Contact Lynn Welker at 303-775-0790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.; 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. with a break for lunch at noon; meet at QEP’s office; hosted by QEP Resources.
– New Town May 7. Contact Zac Weis at 202-3234 or email@example.com; 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. with a break for lunch at noon; meet at the Civic Center; hosted by WPX Energy.
– Dickinson May 8. Contact Sofia Menses at 456-7506 or firstname.lastname@example.org; check in at Marathon Oil Dickinson North Office for water, gloves, vests and assigned route; hosted by Marathon Oil.
– Mandaree May 8. Contact Jessie Koerner at 720-279-5575 or email@example.com. Hosted by Enerplus.
– Tioga May 8. Contact Patricia Hove at 664-1492 or firstname.lastname@example.org; hosted by Neset Consulting.
– Killdeer May 9. Contact Brea Geiger at 764-4502 or email@example.com; lunch will be served; hosted by Quality Mats.
– Watford City May 12-17. Contact Karen Holte at 570-9475 or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org; week-long event; lunch will be provided Saturday, May 17; hosted by Watford City Area Chamber of Commerce.
– Minot May 15. Contact LeAnn Poppler at 420-7032 or email@example.com; hosted by Hess Corp.
– Berthold May 22. Contact Katie Haarsager at 857-0849 or Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org; hosted by Enbridge
Pick Up the Patch! was launched in 2012 to clean up the litter left behind after the snow melted and to encourage a no-litter culture. Last year, more than 750 industry volunteers and 70 companies participated in the program and helped collect more than 1,600 bags of trash from roadways and communities in the oil patch.
For more information on Pick Up the Patch events or to contact an area team leader to request a clean up, visit (www.northdakotaoilcan.com/solutions/pickupthepatch/).