Summer road work planned
A turn lane project along U.S. Highway 2 will be among road construction projects affecting travelers in the Minot area this summer.
Both the North Dakota Department of Transportation and Ward County Highway Department have a number of projects scheduled. The state projects include:
– Turn lane additions at various intersections along Highway 2 from Berthold to Surrey.
– Turn lane project at the junction of U.S. Highway 52 and N.D. Highway 3 south of Harvey.
– Paving Highway 2 from Stanley to Berthold.
– Paving N.D. Highway 28 from the junction of N.D. Highway 37 to N.D. Highway 23.
– Paving N.D. Highway 41 from junction of N.D. Highway 200, south of Turtle Lake, north to the junction of N.D. Highway 53.
– Paving N.D. Highway 5 from Bottineau to Dunseith.
The state will release more about the timing and details of these projects before they get under way this summer. In addition, the state plans many minor projects in the area.
Ward County will be repaving roads in the southwestern part of the county. The projects affect Ward County Road 24 near Douglas, County Road 22 from Ryder to County Road 9 and County Road 13 in Douglas.
The county also will be repaving County Road 10 in Burlington and the gun club road southwest of Minot.
Emergency grade raises are planned on roads in the Minot to Makoti area, where a high water table has been causing problems. Permanent repairs are being made to roads damaged in 2011 and in 2013.
In the Kenmare area, repaving is planned on County Road 2, with a bridge replacement north of Kenmare. About 40 miles of graveling work is scheduled in the Kenmare area. Also, repairs are planned just off U.S. Highway 52 on County Road 4, which has been closed due to slide damage.