Minot man arrested after fleeing

Levi Cook, 21, Minot was arrested Monday evening after allegedly fleeing from police on foot, according to the Minot Police Department.

According to police, officers were called to an address in the 400 block of 18th Avenue Southeast after receiving a report of an intoxicated man at one of the apartments. Cook left prior to the officers’ arrival but was still in the area. Officers made contact with him and then received information from police dispatch that Cook was wanted on three Ward County warrants. The warrants were for theft of a motor vehicle, a $10,000 bond; theft of services, a $1,500 bond; and failure to appear, no bond. When the officers tried to arrest Cook, he allegedly fled on foot and the officers gave chase and eventually caught and arrested him.

Cook was additionally charged with preventing arrest, a class A misdemeanor; false information to law enforcement, a class A misdemeanor, and escape. Capt. John Klug of the Minot Police Department said he was not sure whether Cook is being charged with escape, a Class C felony, or a lesser level of escape.

The incident began at 5:42 p.m. Monday.

Andrea Johnson

Man assaults sister over toilet

FARGO (AP) – A North Dakota man has admitted to assaulting his sister over a toilet seat.

Twenty-four-year-old Thaddeus Morgan has changed his plea to guilty to charges of simple assault and interference with telephone during emergency call.

Records show the fight started when Morgan forgot to put the seat down, which made his sister mad. Morgan then pushed and hit her, and tried to stop her from calling 911.

Leah Viste is an assistant state’s attorney in Cass County. Viste tells the station that the case was “simply a sibling fight that got out of control.”

Court records show Morgan has been sentenced to one year of supervised released and ordered to take anger management classes.

Chef accused of stabbing not guilty

FARGO (AP) – A sushi chef in Fargo accused of stabbing a fellow chef with a foot-long knife has been found not guilty of aggravated assault but sent to the State Hospital in Jamestown for mental health treatment.

Judge Douglas Herman found Lin Zhong not guilty during a bench trial on Monday. Herman ruled that the 31-year-old chef from Flushing, New York, lacked criminal responsibility for his actions.

Authorities say Zhong stabbed another chef in the hip during a fight at Osaka Sushi and Hibachi in late March.

Prosecutor Leah Viste said in court that an evaluation of Zhong determined that he had “a level of psychosis” that impaired his ability to comprehend his conduct.